While we are enjoying summer with our families, we should pamper ourselves and our beloved ones with some sumptuous summer recipes.
Summer grilled chicken Shawarma
You won't find better than Shawarma. Indeed, chicken shawarma is a type of Middle Eastern food that has its roots in the Levant and the Ottoman empire.
- 2 Pounds of boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- For the Shawarma Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander
- 8 finely minced garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of allspice
- Start by placing all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and mix, or just pulse in a food processor to obtain a smooth paste.
- Rub the chicken on all the sides with the marinade and let sit for about 20 minutes (or up to about 24 to 48 hours refrigerated). You may also choose to cut the chicken into cubes of about 1 inch each to make skewers
- Grill the chicken on top of a pre-heated Grill, on a medium-high heat making sure to close the lid of your BBQ, until all the sides are grilled to your liking for about 8 to 9 minutes per side
- Move the chicken shawarma to a cooler part of the grill, or you can just finish cooking the chicken in an oven to a temperature of about 350 °F oven for about 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven; then enjoy the chicken shawarma over a tabbouleh salad or with veggies and rice
- Enjoy your shawarma!
Sodium: 500mgSugar: 3gFiber: 3gPotassium: 256mgCholesterol: 84mgCalories: 430kcalFat: 9gProtein: 38gCarbohydrates: 45g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!