Turkish cuisine is one of the most diverse international cuisines, as it combines many dishes of Arab cuisine. Arayes is Meat with dough of Syrian origin is an important meal in Turkey. This is due to the long and extended history of the Ottoman Empire, in which many people mixed, and cultures, skills and recipes passed between them. The origin of this food goes back to Syria, specifically Aleppo, and its preparation in Aleppo and southern Turkey differs from most regions of Turkey. Arayes is classified as one of the Turkish fast food that Turkish citizens prefer over Western fast food, which they have not yet accepted. This dish is dough coated with minced meat with spices and some pepper and placed in the oven until the meat is cooked. It is eaten with lemon juice over it and then parsley and mint wrapped with it. The meat eater with dough is similar to the arayes eater, or the Shami sfiha, as it is prepared with almost the same ingredients, with the difference that the loaves of Arabic bread are used instead of the dough, and here we present the recipe for Arayes. Delicious meat arayes for a special dinner, enjoy it with your family members and friends.
- 1 lb of Minced lamb or beef finely minced meat
- 1 Onions medium, finely chopped
- 1 Finely chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 Tomato large, finely chopped
- 1 Bundle of Parsley finely chopped
- 4 Crushed garlic coves
- 1 Tablespoon of Chilli
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of spices
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 lebanese Pita bread or of lebanese bread
- Preheat the oven to 200°C., 400°F
- Mix the meat with onions, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, black pepper and hot sauce until completely mixed.
- Open each bread loaf into two layers and brush the inside and outside with olive oil
- Spread the meat mixture on the white side of the loaves, then cover with the other layer.
- Place the loaves on a tray, then put them in the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until the meat inside is prfectly cooked.
- (The loaves can be grilled on an electric grill.)
- Serve the arayes hot, cut into triangles, with chickpeas or yoghurt on the side.
Leave A Comment