Have you ever tried one of the most popular dishes that Tunisians are addicted to in the summer?
Tunisian Kaftaji with liver
Kaftaji is a sumptuous Tunisian appetizer that is made of affordable ingredients, including pepper and tomatoes. Despite the simplicity of the ingredients of this recipe and the ease of preparation; it is very sumptuous.
- 250 grams of lamb liver
- 8 green peppers
- 4 potatoes
- 250 grams of red pumpkin
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric coffee
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 5 Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Tunisian harissa
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Prepare the liver into small and equal pieces
- Add the salt, black pepper and turmeric to the liver and mix it well
- Put a little oil in a frying pan, add the liver and cook well
- Remove the liver from the pan and set it aside
- Prepare the vegetables; then cut the potatoes, squash and pepper into equal pieces, each one separately
- Fry the vegetables and add them to the liver
- Fry the eggs and add it to the ingredients
- In a bowl, put a little oil, chopped tomatoes, Tunisian harissa or ketchup, garlic, black pepper and salt.
- Set the mixture on a low heat; then add it to the other ingredients
- Mix your ingredients very well
- Put the Kaftaji in a serving dish; and add a little sprinkle of parsley and onions over the top
- Serve and enjoy your kaftaji
Calories: 632kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 24gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gSodium: 398mgFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment