Palestinian Rice Pot (Qudra) is one of the popular Palestinian dishes, especially in It is considered one of the favourite meals, especially on special occasions, especially Ramadan. Al-Qudra is considered a Palestinian heritage and is one of the dishes inherited from parents and grandparents since ancient times.
Palestinian Rice Pot (Kodra)
Qudra is one of the popular Palestinian dishes, especially in It is considered one of the favorite meals, especially on special occasions, especially in Ramadan. Al-Qudra is considered a Palestinian heritage and is one of the dishes inherited from parents and grandparents since ancient times.
- 1 whole chicken 3 lbs
- 4 cups of Egyptian rice
- 8 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoons of nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 small spoonfuls of salt
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spices
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- Wash the rice and soak it in hot water with half a grated nutmeg.
- Leave the bowl aside for about 20 minutes.
- Put the chicken in a pot and cover it with water, then add a grain of nutmeg, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom.
- Leave the mixture on the fire until the chicken is cooked.
- Put the chicken pieces in a tray and grease its face with two tablespoons of ghee
- Put the tray into the oven until the pieces are slightly browned.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of ghee in a pot, then drain the rice from the water and add it to the ghee.
- My heart a little and then season with salt, black pepper, mixed spices and turmeric.
- Pour 5 cups of chicken broth over the rice, stir, then arrange the chicken pieces on top.
- Cover the pot with tin foil and put it in the oven
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Remove the tin foil and add two tablespoons of melted ghee on top and leave until the chicken pieces are browned
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
Calories: 320kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 13gFat: 12.3gSaturated Fat: 6gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment