Today I have something nutritious for you!! Pomegranate Quinoa Salad with fruits and vegetables, flavored with pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, and olive oil! The quinoa absorbs the pomegranate molasses dressing, resulting in the best salad you’ve ever had – it really complements the flavors.
Quinoa Pomegranate Salad
- 1/4 cup of quinoa
- 1 medium-sized finely chopped red onion
- 1 de-seeded pomegranate
- 2 cups of finely chopped parsley
- 1 and 1/2 cups of cranberries dried
- 1 diced unpeeled red apple optional
- 1 tbsp of olive oil for cooking the quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 dash of freshly grated black pepper
- To make the dressing:
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate molasses or a little less
- 1/4 cup of virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- To cook the quinoa, strain it through a fine-mesh strainer, rinse with cool water for 2-3 minutes, and rub with your hands to remove the bitter flavor
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, then add the quinoa and stir for a few seconds.
- Bring the water and salt to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed, and the spirals begin to pull away from the seeds.
- Remove from the heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Set aside to let cool completely.