Morrocan Pastilla, or what is known as bastilla, is a popular Moroccan pie which looks super inviting, and it is easy to prepare. What you will love the most about the Morrocan Pastilla is that it is made of affordable ingredients and spicy ones at the same time.
If you haven't tried the Morrocan Pastilla yet, don't get frustrated, because this recipe is easy to make, and it is super delicious and packed with nutrients at the same time.
- 4 Pieces Chicken breasts Skinless, chopped
- 1/2 Pound Shrimp
- 2 Cups of grated cheese
- 1 Cups of black mushrooms
- 1/2 Pound of Chinese Noodles
- 1/2 Pound of filo pastry
- 1 Cup of green olives sliced
- 1 Teaspoon of Harissa or Hot Ketchup
- 3 Garlic cloves finely grated
- 1 Small onion cut, into cubes
- 3 Cups of chicken broth
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of saffron
- 1/2 Teaspoon of mixed spices
- Put a saucepan on a medium high heat; then put in all of the chicken broth, the shrimp, the chicken, the garlic, the salt, the onions, the bay leaf, the saffron, and the spices; then stir the mixture lightly
- Cover the pot, and let simmer until it is perfectly done, for about 15 minutes
- Divide the mixture; then put it in a bowl and add the cheese to it; then the olives, the harissa or the ketchup, and leave them aside.
- Pour the vermicelli into a pot of hot filtered water; then cook it until it is softened, then filter it, and add it to the mixture after breaking it
- Prepare a round tray; then put the filo pastry in it, and pour the mixture on it
- Close the filo pastry or cover with it
- Turn on the oven at a temperature of about 225°F and put the tray in it until it gets a brown color, for about 20 to 25 minutes
- Transfer your baked dish onto a serving plate
- Serve and enjoy your Morrocan Pastilla!
Nutrition Information Calories: 396, Fat: 20g, Carbohydrates: 7g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Protein: 23g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment