Beautifully presented on the outside and tender on the inside, this Znoud Alsit dish makes one of the most popular Lebanese favourite dishes that everyone loves making. Znoud Alsit can be defined as the arms of a woman, and the similarities lie in the shape.
And in addition to the nutritious tastes you will find in this recipe, this dish is super delicious and combines various nuts.
- 1 Pound of minced meat
- 3 Tablespoons of boiled and drained cashews from water
- 3 Tablespoons of peeled and boiled pistachios
- 1 Tablespoon of boiled pine nuts
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 Pinch of salt to taste
- Start by seasoning the meat very well with the black pepper, the salt and the ground ginger; then divide the mixture into two equal parts
- Mix the first part of the mixture of the meat with the boiled cashews, the boiled pistachios and the boiled pine nuts
- Get a piece of plastic wrap and rub it very well with the vegetable oil, then put a little quantity of oil on your hand and then put the second part of the meat on the piece of nylon and form it in a rectangular shape
- Put the first part of the meat on the second section, and wrap well the piece of nylon until we have a cylindrical shape. Close the ends well
- Put into the refrigerator for about two hours
- Prepare a tin foil; then grease with a little quantity of oil on it; then spread the meat on it
- Re-wrap the meat and press very well; then put the meat in an oven tray
- Pour four cups of hot water in the oven tray, and then put it in the oven on high heat for an hour or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the tray from the oven; then let cool for about 6 minutes
- Place the meat into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to one hour
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator; then slice the meat into slices
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
Nutrition Information Calories: 102, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrates: 17g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Protein: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment