Grilled eggplant is a wonderful dish that is packed with nutrients and vitamins. Eggplant is excellent to grill. Top with gremolata and grated lemon peel for a fantastic taste. The dish can be enjoyed alone, as an accompaniment to grilled meat, or as a simple salad.
- 2 eggplants cut in half or 3 in lengths or in slices
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 ca-soup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Cut the eggplants in half or if you use Italian eggplants, cut them into slices. Make 3 incisions on the eggplants
- Place the eggplants in a dish. Season the eggplants with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Add minced garlic, parsley and thyme.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F). Grill the eggplants for 45 minutes.
- Take the eggplants out of the oven, turn them over, sprinkle them with lemon juice and return them to the oven for 15 minutes, basting them with their juice.
- Arrange the eggplants on a serving platter.
- Drizzle with their juice and serve immediately.
- Serve and enjoy your grilled eggplants!