Alexandrian Hawawshi is a famous and somewhat popular Egyptian food, and it is one of the varieties that requires a long process and stages in its preparation, but it has a distinctive taste and contains useful nutritional properties because it contains flour, meat, and it is one of the materials that provide the body with energy, and a good amount of Carbohydrates and proteins are important for the health of the body, and many of us think that it is difficult to make and master the Hawawshi.
The Alexandrian hawawshi is one of the popular meals that Egyptians love, and it is a bread stuffed with spiced meat.
- awawashi dough ingredients
- 2 lbs of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Filling Ingredients for Hawawshi:
- 2 lbs of minced meat
- 6 onions cut into small cubes
- 1 Bell pepper and hot pepper cut into small cubes
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 Pinch of salt and cumin
- 1 tablespoon of butter for greasing
- Start making the dough for the hawawshi by mixing the flour, yeast, salt, sugar with yogurt, water and oil until the dough becomes cohesive.
- Divide the dough into small balls, grease it with oil, and leave it for 15 minutes until it ferments.
- Meanwhile, mix the minced meat with onions, chopped parsley, bell pepper, hot, salt, pepper and cumin, and stir well.
- Sprinkle the marble with flour, roll out the dough, and brush it with butter.
- Add the meat mixture to the dough and spread it well on the base. Roll out another dough and also grease it with butter, to cover the dough and the mixture.
- Close the loaf of the sides and press well.
- Grease the face of the loaf with butter as well, then put it on a tray in a hot oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Take out the hawawshi as soon as the dough becomes golden, and serve hot with French fries and pickles.
Calories: 266kcalFat: 8gProtein: 10gCarbohydrates: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!