Are you looking for a Middle Eastern recipe that can be made quickly with a few affordable ingredients?
This Mafroukeh recipe is the one you are looking for. To make this recipe, you only need to combine semolina flour with butter and sugar syrup. And all you need to do after that is to cover the dough with a layer of cream and roasted nuts.
- 2 cups semolina
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup blanched toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios crushed
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup pf syrup
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- For the cream:
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon of blossom water
- 4 cups of water
- For the syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon blossom water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- To prepare the syrup, put sugar and water in a pot on the stove.
- When the mixture begins to boil, add lemon juice and leave it on the fire to thicken, then add the blossom water. Remove the syrup from the fire and set aside to cool
- To prepare the cream, dissolve the dry milk with water, put 2 1/2 cups of the melted milk in a pot on the fire and leave it until it gets hot.
- Dissolve the starch and sugar in the remaining milk, then add the mixture over the milk over the heat slowly while stirring
- Stir the mixture on the heat in a continuous way until it becomes thick, add the orange blossom water, then remove the cream from the heat
- To prepare the Mefroukeh, put the semolina in a pan over a low heat, and stir for 5 minutes.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, put on top of the semolina and stir the mixture well over the heat until the butter melts and is impregnated with the semolina.
- Add the powdered sugar over the mixture and stir until the color of semolina becomes dark brown
- Add the syrup and rose water to the semolina mixture.
- Stir the mixture well for 5 minutes to make a soft and cohesive dough, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- To serve, place the Merfroukeh on a plate, cover with a layer of cream, top with the roasted almonds, ground pistachios and nuts as desired.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Mefroukeh
Calories: 657kcalCarbohydrates: 89gProtein: 16gFat: 28gCholesterol: 62mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment