Kuku Sabzi is a Persian dish similar to a frittata; however, Kuku sabzi has fewer eggs than a frittata. The dish is full of healthy greens and is a great and clever way to get kids to eat their day’s serving of green leafy vegetables. This dish is perfect for a vegetarian diet. The flour is optional, some recipes add flour, but it can be done without it.
The baking powder can be added to get a fluffier kuku; however, if the eggs were beaten and you cover the pan while cooking you could get some fluffy kuku without the addition of baking powder. There are many variations with different ingredients like squash kuku, potato kuku, fava bean kuku, zucchini kuku, and many others.
- 1.3 pounds of the following vegetables: parsley, dill, green coriander, the green part of leeks and a small truffle.
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 eggs
- 3 ½ ounce barberry
- 1 table spoon of turmeric and garlic powder
- 3 table spoons of grilled fruits
- 1 ½ ounce of broke walnuts
- Chops the vegetables into samal equal sizes and put them in a bowl.
- Break the eggs ad put into a new bowl and add the vegetables and lettuce. Then add the flour and seasoning.
- Then add the barberry and walnuts and stir the mixture well.
- Bring a sate pan and oil and place it on the oven, wait until the oil is heated then pour the mixture into the heated oil. Using the back of the spoon, smooth the surface of the mixture.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Using a spoon lift the edge of the kuku and check its color, rotate the pan so that all the sides are cooking equally.
- The Kuku is ready to serve! It can be served as a sandwich, served with bread on the side with togurt or pumkin. Barberries and walnuts can be placed on top of the kuku for a great taste and beautiful plating!
- If you add about 5 ounce of leafy vegetables (dill, parsley and coriander) you only need 1 ounce of fenugreek (if you want to add fenugreek) because fenugreek will give the kuku a bitter taste.
- The barberry is optional. You can also add coconut. Both of these are optional you can both or one of these two ingredients.
Calories: 333kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 8gFat: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment