Tulumba is an originally Turkish dessert that is usually served during Eid. With its delicious taste, y
It is such a sweet savoury that is hard not to enjoy after having a heavy meal.
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 cup bleached flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 p egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar juice of
- 1/2 p lemon
- Place 2 cups of water, 2 cups of sugar and lemon juice into a saucepan to make the syrup. Then, bring to a boil. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved and then allow it to cool.
- Add the semolina, saucepan bleached flour and the baking powder into the pan to make the dough. Then begin to mix slowly.
- Grease a separate flat rimmed baking dish. Add the dough to it and fry on, heat until cooked.
- Preheat an oven to 175 C. (350 F)
- Bake for about 75 minutes until golden. Cut the Tulumba into square pieces. Pour the cold syrup over the desert. Wait for several hours until it is soaked.
- Decorate with almonds and then it will be ready to serve.
Calories: 145kcalSaturated Fat: 6gFat: 11gProtein: 6gCarbohydrates: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!