Turkish-style Karniark stuffed eggplant, with minced meat and vegetables. It is delicious with pilaf rice or bulgur pilaf as an accompaniment.
Turkish-style stuffed eggplant, with minced meat and vegetables. It is delicious with pilaf rice or bulgur pilaf as an accompaniment.
- 4 Eggplants large and long
- 1 lb of veal minced meat
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of spices:
- Salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, onion powder, dried mint
- 1 box of canned tomato
- For garnishing / pine nuts and parsley
- olive oil + butter
- Wash the eggplant and peel it lengthwise, add in the olive oil and a teaspoon of butter to a frying pan so that the oil does not burn..
- Fry the eggplant in all directions until its color changes to light brown..
- After browning; leave the eggplants aside to cool.
- Another frying pan, add garlic and stir, then onions, stir, minced meat, and then spices, except for mint, stir well until half flat, then add half of the tomato box after mashing it well and diluting it with water and finally the mint
- In a pyrex dish, put the eggplant, cut it in half, remove the pulp, add the meat filling, and the last thing is add tomato broth, if the quantity is small, increase the rest of the box and bake for 20 minutes
- To decorate, sprinkle with parsley and pine nuts, fried in olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy your Karniark!
Sugar: 1gCalories: 115kcalFat: 3gProtein: 6gCarbohydrates: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment