Emirate Ouzi recipe is one of the most popular dishes, especially in the season of peas, and it is delicious food that anyone can prepare easily for Eid.
Emrate Ouzi recipe is one of the most popular dishes to make for Eid, especially in the season of peas, and it is a delicious food that anyone can prepare easily. If you are confused in choosing the dish of the day, and you want an easy and quick recipe due to lack of time, we present to you the Ouzi method, a recipe that will not take more than half an hour, but it will be a hearty, delicious meal and suitable for the family.
- A whole lamb weighing 10 kg
- 1 lb Of ghee
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup of blossom water
- 2 lb of yellow lentils
- 1 cup of dried lemons
- 1 lb of nuts Arabic seeds, such as cashews, pistachios or pine nuts
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 4 boiled eggs salt and pepper, To taste
- 2 lbs of high-quality basmati rice
- Put the lemons in hot water for a quarter of an hour, then put the lamb with it, then add the saffron, salt, pepper, Arabic nuts and animal ghee. We bring a large bowl, and put the lamb in it
- Add the palm leaves with the addition of lemon water and rose water.
- Put the palm leaves in order to cook the meat on steam, and this is an old traditional Emirate method, and it is used so far in weddings and occasions in most popular homes, and then enters the oven for 3 and a half hours at a temperature of 180, during which time we prepare the rice and the filling.
- Boil the rice 80%, not completely and then drain the rice. As for the filling, prepare it in a pot in which we fry the raisins on a low heat, until the color of the berries becomes brown and swollen.
- Boil the lentils by 80% and not completely
- Put the mixture together, lentils and raisins with the addition of the Arabic nuts, and a little corn oil and mix well.
- We put it in the middle of the rice so that we have the rice consisting of layers as follows: rice, stuffing of raisins and lentils, then rice.
- Add drops of saffron water, rose water and corn oil, cover tightly and leave on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Put the rice and stir well, and put the meat in the middle with the addition of nuts as decorations with boiled eggs.
- Serve and enjoy your ouzi!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!