Simple to make Eid Feast meat puffs with a filling of minced meat seasoned with garlic, and salt and cooked in a few simple ingredients following easy-to-follow steps, olive oil, and onion sauce.
Eid Feast Meat Puffs
What is the best way to prepare Eid Feast meat puffs at home? Puff pastry and lamb are the best combination used in this quick and easy snack dish. This recipe is ideal for breakfast or tea.
- 1 lb of minced lamb
- 2 big eggs 2 for the mixture, 1 for the glaze
- 1 handful of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons of flour for dusting
- 2 x 1 lb of pastry sheets all-butter puff ready-rolled
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds black cumin for the topping
- For the sauce:
- 1 lb of chopped tomatoes in a tin
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1 cup of yoghurt Greek style
- 3 tablespoons tahin
- To create the sauce, gently boil the canned tomatoes, harissa, and a pinch of sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, or until everything is reduced; then let cool.
- Combine the lamb mince, 2 eggs, parsley, onion, garlic, and chilli flakes in a large mixing bowl and knead the meat into an equally blended paste with clean hands.
- Make 24 smooth balls out of the mixture.
- The simplest method to accomplish this is to weigh the entire mixture, split it by 24, and then weigh out the tiny balls to nearly the same weight.
- Lay the pastry sheets out on a lightly floured work surface and cut 12 squares from each sheet. Each square should be around 8 × 8 cm in size.
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 180°C/360°F fan
- Place a small kofta ball in the center of the pastry and pull the opposite corners of the dough over the kofta, pinching the pastry to seal it over the meat. Place on baking sheets.
- Glaze the crust with a little beaten egg, sprinkle the tops with nigella seeds, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Heat the tomato sauce, then blend the yogurt with 3 tbsp tahini and season with salt and pepper.
- Using lukewarm water, thin the mixture to the consistency of double cream.
- Drizzle tahini and tomato sauce over each puff and serve immediately.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
Calories: 301kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 12gFat: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment