Among the oriental sweets, the ones that are made with konafa, such as konafa with cream and konafa with nuts, stand out, but konafa can be used in non-traditional recipes such as Al-Faisaliah. And in this article, we brought you the method of making Al Faisaliah with pistachios, which is a different recipe from the traditional method of making Kunafa, which your family members will surely love.
Faisalya with pitachio
- 1 lb of konafa crushed pistachios
- 1/2 lb 2½ cups crushed pistachios
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon blossom water
- 1 lb ⅔1 cup melted ghee
- for the sugar syrup:
- 1 lb 2 cups sugar
- 150 ml ⅔ cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, mix the sugar with the water and stir a little.
- Place the pot on medium heat until the water boils, reduce the heat and let it boil for a minute, then add the lemon while stirring and boil it for another minute while stirring.
- For Faisaliah :
- In a bowl, mix the pistachios, sugar, blossom water and water.
- Take 30 g of konafa and roll it longitudinally and put a teaspoon of the filling in the beginning, then fold the konafa in a triangle shape and transfer it to an oven tray
- Repeat the process until the amount of kunafa and filling is used up.
- Leave the Faisaliah for an hour, uncovered, at room temperature.
- Pour the ghee over it and put it in the oven preheated to 220 ° C/440°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Pour over the cold syrup as desired and serve.
- Enjoy your dessert!