Abu Shalhoub is considered as one of the best Damascene spring dishes that elevate a combination of simple ingredients to make it a standout dish that everyone will love.
This recipe is packed with nutrients and it is super light and delicious at the same time.
- 1/2 Pounds of veal meat, cut into medium cubes
- 1 Pound of zucchini, cut into medium cubes
- 1 piece medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups of coarse bulgur
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper,
- 3 Cups of water
- 1/2 Cup of chopped fresh parlsey
- In a large saucepan, heat the ghee on a medium high heat; then let melt
- Add in the finely chopped onions and stir it until it wilts for several minutes
- Add in the meat and sauté until the meat starts getting a golden colour
- Add in the zucchini pieces and sauté for about two minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt, the pepper, add the water then bring the mixture to a boil
- Wash the bulgur under water several times, then soak it in a quantity of warm water for 15 minutes, then drain it well from the soaking water
- Add it to the rest of the ingredients; then leave it for 20 minutes on a low heat or until it is done
- Pour the Abu Shalhoub into a serving dish; then top with the parsley
- Serve with yoghurt and enjoy your super delcious and nutritious dish!
Nutrition Information Calories: 250, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrates: 26g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!