It is generally said that the shortest way to a man’s heart is his stomach. And it is absolutely true that one of the best ways in which we can express our love towards someone special to us is through cooking special dishes for them. Therefore, instead of letting strangers feed you in one of the most special days throughout the whole year, you can seize this special day to cook something unique for your beloved. How about treating your partner to one of the most romantic dinners for you two at your own dining room table with the lights of candles?
So whether you are looking for something Romantic; something extravagant, like roasted beef with cauliflower or something casual, like a shrimp or cordon bleu, or if you want something Mediterranean in this occasion; there is a plethora of choices that you can choose from and that will make your dinner a wonderful experience that you will never forget about.
Whether you are celebrating Valentine for the first time or not, you have probably thought of what you can do best to make Valentine the best day in the year. You can show your love through the art of cooking and to help you on this framework, you will find some special dishes that you will love in this article. In this article, you will find some exciting ideas for a date night meal to remember. And the recipes that yopu will find in this article will include a wide range of special decadent dishes that you will love.
- Raspberry Trifle
- 1 can of fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of concentrated berry syrup or 1/3 cup of sugar
- Ready pound cake cut into 4 slices
- A box of red raspberry ice cream
- Powdered sugar for decoration
- In a bowl, add 8 to 10 raspberries, vanilla, raspberry syrup or sugar; then mash it with a fork and leave it for an hour or more in the refrigerator, stirring from time to time until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Heat the pan, then place the sliced cake and toast until it becomes golden for about 5 to 10 minutes; you can prepare it right before dinner
- Put about two tablespoons of blackberry ice cream on the cakes, then decorate it with the red raspberry sauce.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar on the plate to finish the garnish
- Serve and enjoy your delicious dish
2.Chicken with pesto and nuts
- 3 Chicken breasts, medium
- 1 TBSP salt
- 1 TBSP black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 TBSP pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 ¼ Batches, garlic pesto, roasted
For the pesto
- 1 Cup basil leaves, fresh and finely chopped
- 1 Bulb, Garlic
- ½ Cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Medium lemon, juiced
- ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 Pinch black pepper, freshly ground
ROAST THE GARLIC:
- Preheat the oven to about 375° Fahrenheit.
- Peel the garlic without breaking the bulb
- Remove the top of the bulb by cutting it off with a knife
- Wrap the garlic bulb in the aluminium foil and bake at a temperature of about 375° F for 40 minutes
- In the meantime, toast the pine nuts in a medium pan over a medium high heat and stir from time to time for about 5 minutes
- Once the garlic is roasted, remove it from the oven
- Add the chopped basil, the roasted garlic, half the a tablespoon of olive oil; then add the toasted pine nut to a blender or a food processor
- Pulse your ingredients for 30 seconds; then season with 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch pepper and add the remaining quantity of oil and pulse until the mixture becomes smooth
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Preheat the oven to about 400° F.
- Arrange the chicken breasts over a large baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt and pepper and bake for about 40 minutes
- Set the chicken aside to cool down; then chop it into cubes about ½ inch each
- Combine the chicken with the pesto in a large bowl
- Sprinkle more pine nuts; then serve and enjoy in lettuce leaves!
3.Emirati Patit Sweets
- 2 cups of fried flour
- 3 Cups of of dates
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 small spoonful of cardamom
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of pistachios
- Chopped Nuts
- In a plate, put the fried flour.
- Add the dates.
- Knead very well.
- Add the ghee, the cinnamon, the cardamom, the pistachios, and the walnuts while continuing to knead until you obtain the needed consistency
- Form balls of the mixture
- Dredge the balls into walnuts, then sesame, then pistachios.
- Repeat the same process above with all the quantity you have
- Your Valentine dessert is ready to be served
- Serve and enjoy your sweet!