Making a delicious appertizer, Tunisian Fricasse Sandwich is considered as one of the most popular Authentic Tunisian recipes that you can ever make and enjoy no matter what time, occasion and day.
This appetizer can be defined as a Tunisian sandwich made of dough and fried into oil; then stuffed with stuffing. So, if you want to enjoy a sumptuous Tunisian recipe, this one will make a great starting point.
For the dough
- 1 Pound of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 Cup of oil
- 4 Cups of oil for frying
For the stuffing
- 1 Can of tuna
- 1 cup of halved olives
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- 2 Large boiled potatoes, mashed
- 1 Can of harissa
- Start by activating the yeast in ½ cup of lukewarm (not hot) water with added sugar.
- Leave to foam for about 15 minutes. In a bowl, mix the flour and salt
- Gradually add the yeast and the rest of lukewarm water while kneading the dough.
- When the dough begins gather up add the oil. Knead for a few minutes and form a ball. Cover with cling film and a tea towel.
- Allow to double in volume. Degas the dough, form a long sausage on a floured work surface. Cut dough pieces.
- Form oval-shaped balls, cover with a tea towel and let rise for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the frying oil, gently lift the fricassés and place in the oil. Use a spatula if necessary to slide carefully into the oil.
- When the lower part has taken a nice color turn the loaves over and fry on the other side; it is necessary to keep the oil on medium heat so that the inside is cooked.
- Remove the fricassees from the frying and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Prepare your filling; cut the potatoes cooked in boiling water into small cubes and season with salt.
- Cut the green olives into slices.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs into slices. Mix the Harissa with the mayonnaise. Incise the fricasses, spread the harissa sauce.
- Place the garnish: potato, tuna, eggs and green olives. Garnish with a black olive
- Serve and enjoy your fricasse!
Calories: 325kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 19gFat: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment