Syrian Mini Ramadan Sfiha is one of the most famous types of pies for which the Levant, Syria and Lebanon, is known, and from there it moved to the rest of the world.
Syrian Mini Ramadan Sfeeha
This recipe is usually baked in the oven in bakeries and large ovens, and it can also be prepared at home, you can prepare a mesmerizing Ramadan dish of sfeeha before a period of time and store in a container for a month.
For the dough
- 3/4 Cup of warm water
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of yeast
- 3 Tablespoons of powdered milk
- 3 1/2 Cups of all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon of salt
For the filling:
- 2 Tablespoons of margarine
- 1 Medium finely chopped margarine butter
- 3 Finely chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 Pound of minced meat, beef or lamb
- 2 Teaspoons of salt
- 1 Large finely chopped onion
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of seven spices
- 1/4 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of sumac
- 6 Tablespoons of tahini
- 2 Tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- To make the dough, sift all the dry ingredients for the dough together.
- Beat the eggs separately in a bowl, then add in the eggs to the dough and knead very well
- Add the oil and the warm water to the dough alternately during kneading and continue kneading until we get a cohesive dough.
- Continue kneading for 5 minutes, then roll the dough and place it in a bowl and cover the bowl with a piece of cloth and place the bowl in a warm place until the size of the dough doubles.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling, by placing the ghee in a bowl over a medium heat.
- Add the meat and onions, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the tomatoes and season with spices.
- Leave the meat until it is perfectly cooked, then add in the pomegranate molasses and the tahini and stir for about minute; then remove the baking tray from the stove.
- Add in the lemon and set it aside separately until the filling cools.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 320°F
- Sprinkle on the surface a little flour and roll the dough, then squeeze it into tablets and roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Stuff each dough with the filling and close from the sides only and leave open in the middle.
- Place the sfiha in the baking tray and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until you get a light golden in color, remove from oven
- Serve and enjoy your Sfiha!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment