What could be healthier and more rewarding than making your everyday food from yourself? Today, you will prepare homemade yoghurt, Zabadi with your own hands.
Home-made yogurt, Zabadi
Yoghurts are one of those greatest pleasures of Ramadan whether on Iftar or sahour.
- 2 Pounds of fresh milk of your choice including whole milk, non-fat, beef (or the amount you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt better than canned yogurt
- 1 spoonful of milk powder
- Put the milk on the fire until it is abou to boil. It is preferable to perform the water bath method using two containers of the same size
- Bring another bowl and put cold water in it
- Put a bowl of hot milk inside the bowl of cold water
- Bring a small bowl; then put two teaspoons of free-range yogurt in it
- Stir very well, then add it to the chilled milk and stir well
- Add a tablespoon of powdered milk. You will help firming the consistency of the yogurt
- Mix the mixture very well. Then pour the yogurt mixture into cups made for yogurt
- Stack the cups on an aluminum raised tray
- Boil a part of water and pour the boiling water in the tray around the cups
- Cover each cup with a cover. Through this, you will prevent condensed water from falling from hot water
- Cover the tray with a clean towel
- Replace the previous step with running the oven for only five minutes. Turning it off and putting cups inside it
- Leave the tray inside the cups for a period of 6 to 7 hours
- Put the yogurt in the refrigerator until the time of serving
- Enjoy your yogurt!
Serving: 1cupSodium: 113mgSugar: 11.4gCalories: 149kcalFat: 8gProtein: 5.8gCarbohydrates: 11.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!