Spinach pies are the best and most delicious pastries that Lebanon is popular for, and so are Syria and Palestine. Being one of the light dishes that can be prepared and served at different times and occasions, whether in daily meals or during celebrations and various occasions. Our spinach mini pies are crunchy and delicious, which combines healthy spinach and onions. This appetizer recipe cannot be resisted.
For the filling
- 2 pounds of chopped washed and drained spinach
- 2 Cut into small cubes onions
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 3 Freshly squeezed lemons
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sumac
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses
For the dough of the spinach pies:
- 3 Cups of flour
- ½ Cup of sunflower oil or of olive oil
- ⅓ cup of fine semolina
- 3 tablespoons of milk powder
- 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ cup of warm water
- For the filling:
- The day before, mix all of the ingredients for the filling in a large frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Brown while stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Cool; then reserve in your refrigirator and reserve into the refrigerator.
- The following day, mix all of your stuffing very well; then add of the stuffing into a large colander
- For the dough:
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add in the flour, the semolina, the salt, the sugar, the milk powder and mix your ingredients very well.
- Dig a small well into the center; then add in the yeast.
- Add in the oil together with the white vinegar and, while you are adding the water knead very well until you obtain a smooth dough
- Put your dough in a large bowl; then coat with a little quantity of oil over the surface; then cover with a cloth and ket sit for about 1 hour at the room temperature
- Roll your dough in a large disc; then cut circles of about 3 inches in diameter
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of the spinach stuffing right into the center of each of the circles.
- Lift all of the 3 ends of the dough; then fold inwards so that it completely encloses the spinach stuffing; then form a shape of triangle; then gently pinch the edges to seal very well
- Arrange the spinach mini pies over a baking sheet that is lined with a parchment paper
- Bake at about 350 F (180°C) for about 20 to 25 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your mini pies on Iftar!