Zrir is a very popular Tunisian dessert sesame butter that is high in calories and is known for being made for the sake of women who give birth.
Sesame Butter, Zrir
This recipe is a Tunisian Specialty; it is packed with nutrients and vitamins. This recipe is worth trying, it is very delicious.
- 1 Pound of sesame
- 1/2 Pound of butter
- 1/2 Pound of dry walnuts and almonds
- 1 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 Cup of hazelnuts
- Start by toasting the sesame seeds into a large frying pan until they turn golden.
- Grind the toasted sesame into a blender until it becomes tender
- Toast the dry fruits separately for about 5 to 10 minutes
- In a large saucepan, melt all together the honey and the butter over a low heat
- Remove the butter foam; then prepare the sesame and the dry fruits
- Leave the saucepan on a low heat and mix all your ingredients together slowly with the help of a wooden spoon until you get a smooth mixture
- Turn off the heat as soon as the mixture starts boiling
- Set the mixture aside for about 5 to 10 minutes to cool
- Pour the Zrir into small cups; then top and decorate with pine nuts and hazelnuts
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Zrir!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!