Making your own shortbread sable cookies with jam is easy, and it’s always a pleasure for tea or for dessert!
Sable cookies with Jam
These little jam shortbread cookies will be the perfect little treat to accompany a cup of tea or coffee. Filled with the jam of your choice, these little shortbread sable cookies are easy to make and appeal to young and old alike.
- 1/2 lb of flour
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- 2 cups of soft butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups of strawberry or apricot jam according to taste quite thick
- 100 g crushed or slivered almonds
- 1 egg white
- In a bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer or a whisk until you obtain a smooth cream.
- Add the sugar, the vanilla sugar and the whole egg, whisking constantly until all the ingredients are homogeneous. Gradually add the ground almonds then the flour mixed with the baking powder and the salt while mixing with the hand until you get a soft and smooth dough. Cover the dough with cling film and refrigerate it for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, make balls the size of a walnut then pass the top of each ball in beaten egg white then in the crushed almonds.
- Slightly flatten the dough balls
- Transfer the sable to a baking tray lined with baking paper then, using your finger, make a hole in the center of each ball then fill it with jam.
- Serve and enjoy your sable!
Sugar: 5gFiber: 3gCalories: 203kcalFat: 5gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 18g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!