Bint Al sahn is a Yemeni recipe that is considered one of the famous Yemeni recipes along with the Yemeni Mutabbaq and other famous recipes. Bint Al-Sahn goes back to the Yemeni heritage and is also called Sabaya. It is one of the most delicious desserts, and easy to prepare, and it is also characterized by its many health benefits. It is a light dish that is usually served for breakfast or with a cup of tea.
Bint Al Sahn
Here is how to prepare the delicious dessert for Eid Bint Al-Sahn is prepared, one of the most popular recipes of Yemeni cuisine and its popular dishes, which is a kind of Yemeni pastry. Bent Al-Sahn can be served to your family with other Gulf and Yemeni dishes.
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup liquid milk
- 2 cups butter
- 1 tablespoon of black cumin Nigella sativa
- 1 pinch of salt
- water as needed
- In a deep bowl, beat eggs, salt, yeast and nigella very well.
- Add all the flour at once.
- Gradually add water while continuing to knead until you get a dough similar to pizza dough or slightly softer.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil and knead it again for 5 minutes continuously.
- Cut the dough and shape it into medium-sized balls (about 25).
- Cover the dough circles with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place until fermentation (for half an hour).
- Take a medium-sized plate, grease it with a little ghee and sprinkle it with flour.
- Roll out each ball of dough all over the tray
- Grease the dough after rolling it out with butter after heating it, provided that the butter covers the entire layer.
- Roll another ball on top of the butter and repeat with all the balls you have until you have a multi-layered pie.
- After greasing the last layer with butter on the face, pour milk on it, then sprinkle a little nigella.
- Heat the oven to 200 °C degrees/400 °F
- Put the tray in the oven until the pie is puffed and turns golden, for 30 to 35 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your Bint Al Sahn!
Calories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment