Making a twist of the classical and authentic Persian dish made of fava beans, nutty rice and can be topped and decorated with pistachio. Rice with fava beans is one of the healthiest recipes.
Rice with fava beans
Packed with vitamins, nutrients and fibres, you will greatly enjoy it!
- 2 Pounds of fresh or iced fava beans
- 1 piece of finely chopped onion, or sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of Egyptian or Italian rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Wash and clean the fava beans very well
- Rinse the rice and soak it for about half an hour and soaked into water for about 30 minutes
- In a suitable saucepan, pour in the oil, add the onions, and sauté until the onions get a brown colour
- Add in the beans to the onion and stir; then cook on a low heat until the colour changes
- Pour in the water and the salt and let boil
- Add the rice to the saucepan; then let simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes
- Ladle into a serving dish; then serve with the cucumber salad and yogurt
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!