Ramadan Om Ali (Um Ali) with Croissant is considered as one of Egypt’s most popular desserts.
Ramadan Om Ali (Um Ali) With Croissant
And Om Ali is considered one of the easiest-to-make and affordable Middle Eastern dessert recipes ever. What is new about this recipe is the creative twist that this recipe is made with croissant..
- 6 pieces of croissants flavored with butter / ready
- 1/2 Cups of crushed almonds
- 1/2 Cups of crushed walnuts
- 1/4 Cup of grated coconut
- 1/4 Cup of raisins
- 1 Tablespoon of melted butter
- 3 cups of liquid milk
- 1/2 Cups of sugar
- 1/2 Cups of whipped cream
- 1/4 Cup of pistachios for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 180°C/360°F
- Cut the croissant into small pieces and put them in a large bowl.
- Add to the bowl the almonds, walnuts, raisins, coconut, and butter
- Mix very well with your hands until the ingredients are mixed.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk and put it on a medium heat until it boils.
- Add the sugar over the saucepan and stir until it melts, then turn off the heat.
- Pour a little of the milk mixture into an oven-proof glass tray.
- Spread half the amount of the croissant mixture on the tray.
- Pour half the milk over the croissant mixture.
- Add the rest of the croissant, then pour the remaining milk on the top of the tray.
- Add in the whipped cream all over the tray
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes
- Place under the oven broiler for about 5 additional minutes, until the face of the dish becomes golden.
- Remove from the oven and garnish Om Ali with nuts to your liking and serve hot
- Serve and enjoy your Ramadan Dessert!
Serving: 1servingSodium: 71mgSugar: 26.3gFiber: 6.64gPotassium: 664mgCalories: 385kcalFat: 42.67gProtein: 11.9gCarbohydrates: 54.09g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!