Pumpkin kibbeh is one of the well-known types of kibbeh in Lebanese cuisine. It is healthy and delicious. It does not contain any kind of meat.
Furthermore, it is suitable for vegetarians. The kibbeh dough is made of bulgur, pumpkin and spices, and spices that are placed between two layers of dough in the tray and after it is cooked, it is served.
- 2 lbs of boiled pumpkin
- 2 lbs of spinach
- 1 lbs of soaked white bulgur
- 1/2 lb of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 lb of boiled and drained chickpeas
- 1 cup of white all-purpose flour you can use whole wheat flour as well
- 200 ml of olive oil
- 1 small spoonful of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of sumac
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- Start by draining the soaked white bulgur and dry it too; then set it aside
- Mix the pumpkin, bulgur, flour, salt and spices to get a pumpkin paste in a large bowl
- Finely chop the spinach and fry the chopped onions in half the amount of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté for 5 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add the spinach and stir them together.
- Add the boiled chickpeas, salt, pepper and sumac, stir well and leave in a colander to remove all the water.
- Grease a tray with a little oil and spread the pumpkin paste in the tray.
- Put the chickpea and spinach filling in half, spread a second layer of the dough and apply the remaining amount of oil on the surface
- Put the tray in the oven at a temperature of 320°F/ 160 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing
- Slice the Kibbee; then serve with cucumber, tomato and a squeeze of lemon.
- Enjoy your dish!
Calories: 253.9kcalCarbohydrates: 49.8gProtein: 7.6gFat: 4.4gSodium: 1400mgPotassium: 532mgFiber: 9.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment