Middle Eastern Koftas and rice is known for being a popular Mediterranean dish that is widely made in the Middle Eastern Cuisine and that is popular in Egypt as well.
Middle Easter Koftas and rice
The ingredients of this recipe are very simple; and this dish is consisted of minced meat mixed with spices, onions and made with rice powder, this recipe is not only sumptuous, but it is also packed with vitamins and nutrients.
- 2 Pounds of ground veal
- 1 Pound of Egyptian rice powder
- 2 Pieces of Chopped onions
- 10 Pieces crushed garlic cloves
- 1/4 Cup of finely chopped mint
- 1/2 Cup of chopped coriander
- 1/2 Cup of chopped dill
- 1/2 Cup of finely chopped parsley
- 2 Pieces Large eggs
- 2 Piece minced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of cumin
- 1 Teaspoon fo red pepper
- 1/2 Teasopoon of ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 Cups of vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Cube of chicken broth
- 3 Cups of chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste
- Place the meat in a deep bowl; then add to it the rice powder
- Add the finely minced onion; the garlic, the pepper, the parsley, the dill, the mint, the coriander, the salt and the spices and mix very well
- Beat all together the eggs; then add to the meat and mix very well until you get a very well combined mixture
- Start making the koftas into the desired shape; you can make balls or bars to your liking
- Put three tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large pan on the stove and in the add onions to it; add the broth cube, the tomato paste and the broth; then leave them on the stove until the sauce becomes thick.
- Place the fried kofta into the sauce and let simmer for a few minutes or until it thickens up
- Serve the kofta with white rice or bread
- Enjoy your dish!
Nutrition Information Calories: 248, Fat: 18.6g, Carbohydrates: 6.8g, Dietary Fiber: 0.2g, Protein: 12.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!