Lamb’s head Chili in sauce is one of the most popular recipes in the Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian cuisine on the first day of Eid, after grilling of course.
Lamb's head chili
Lamb's Head meat chili is a super easy dish in itself, the most difficult step is rather cleaning the head and feet of the sheep. This recipe makes a great source of iron, proteins and vitamins, you will greatly love it.
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 1 dash of ground coriander seeds
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- for the red sauce:
- 5-6 medium garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 Pinch of salt
- for the sauce:
- 1 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- the cooking water from the sheep's head
- 1 Cup of handful of chickpeas
- Place the head of the sheep and the feet; then cut into small pieces in a pressure cooker.
- Cover with water and add the onion, coriander seeds and black pepper, bay leaf, thyme sprigs.
- Cook until the meat is cooked through and boneless easily; this process would take about 20 minutes
- Remove the meat from the sauce and let it drain (keep the sauce)
- Let the meat cool a little, de-bone it and cut it into medium pieces.
- Place the garlic, paprika, cumin and salt in a pestle to make a paste by grinding it with the mortar and pestle.
- Place the garlic and spices paste with a little oil and a little water, let it return a little and add the tomato paste.
- Sprinkle with the cooking sauce from the head and feet of the lamb.
- Let simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes; then add in the precooked chickpeas
- let it boil again and add the pieces of meat that you have prepared
- After 10 minutes remove from heat and your dish is ready to serve.
- You can sprinkle with some chopped parsley
- Serve and enjoy your chili with Lebanese Bread!
Sodium: 396mgSugar: 5.9gPotassium: 973.9mgCalories: 358.4kcalFat: 18.9gProtein: 21.4gCarbohydrates: 29g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!