This lamb Kofta dish is from Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine. Lamb meat is seasoned with fragrant cumin, cinnamon, sweet pepper and sumac, then placed on the fire.
The use of Pomegranate juice with a little balsamic vinegar add a sweet and savory touch. Enjoy this Dish with fresh mint yoghurt, crunchy pine nuts and hot bread.
- 1 large red onion minced
- 1 lb of boneless lamb meat
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced bread
- olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 to 5 pieces of Arabic bread
- Fresh mint for garnish
For the pomegranate layer
- 3 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3-5 pieces of whole sweet pepper
For yogurt with mint
- Make the yogurt sauce and set it aside.
- In the sauce pan, brew half an onion until it becomes thin, then add pomegranate juice and vinegar
- and sweet pepper. Cook it on a low heat for 15 minutes until it reduces in size
- for half. In the meantime, prepare the kofta.
- In a large frying pan, sauté the rest of the onions with a little olive oil until they become soft and crunchy
- Add garlic, cumin, sumac, turmeric and cinnamon.
- Cook them for a few minutes until fragrant, then transfer them to a large pot.
- In the same bowl, add lamb, fresh mint, basil, salt, eggs and pieces
- the bread. Mix them well until they are mixed.
- Take about a teaspoon of wet lamb chops, make noodles and put them
- In the same pan, fry the kofta from all sides for 5 minutes, then add the sauce
- Pomegranate, cover and cook for 15 minutes until fully cooked and until the sauce becomes
- Transfer the kofta to a plate and place on top of the pomegranate, pine nuts, yogurt and fresh mint.
- Serve with hot bread and enjoy.
Calories: 171kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 4gProtein: 8gCarbohydrates: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!