Eggplant improves the blood circulation in the body, and protects against the risk of a person having a blood clot, here is one of the best eggplant recipes that you can find; Eggplants with cheese.
Eggplants with cheese
Eggplant is one of the important foods as it contains large amounts of iron that prevent anaemia, and the peel is very useful in giving the brain the nutrition it needs. And for that reason, we are offering you one of the best Ramadan appetising recipes that you will enjoy, eggplants with cheese!
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup rusk
- for the top layer
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Corn oil for frying
- Using a sharp knife, cut the eggplant into slices approximately 1 cm thick.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt on the eggplant. Wait for several minutes until it forms drops of water.
- Using a piece of kitchen paper, dry the eggplant from the water droplets that formed on its surface.
- In a deep-frying pan, put an amount of oil so that it is about 2 inches high.
- Get 3 wide, high-rimmed plates. In the first dish put the flour. In the second dish, put the eggs, salt and pepper. Using a fork, stir the eggs to mix. In the third dish, put the breadcrumbs.
- Put a slice of eggplant in the flour. Turn it on both sides to cover with a thin layer of flour. Put the slice in the eggs and flip it until it is covered in a thin layer, then put it in the breadcrumbs. Flip the eggplant slice into the breadcrumbs, pressing it lightly to cover with a generous layer of breadcrumbs.
- Fry the eggplant slices until golden. Transfer the eggplant slices onto a piece of kitchen paper to get rid of the excess oil.
- Install the mesh rack in the center of the oven. Heat the oven to a temperature of 180 °C/360°F
- Get a wide oven dish or a short-rimmed tray.
- Put the fried eggplant slices on the plate.
- Spread mozzarella cheese on the eggplant slices. Distribute tomatoes, olives and oregano.
- Put the eggplant in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese melts and turns a light golden colour
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
Calories: 233kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 8gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment