In every small feast and from the time of the grandparents, the big house is the destination, the family gathers around the table during Ramadan, the month of fasting, and what you hear is laughter and pride of speech, a table set up Arabic coffee, and this delicious recipe of colored almond balls; sweet on every color and with a great taste!
Colored Almond Balls
Colored almonds or what is also known by Tunisians as the stone of Carthage are Tunisian sweets that are served during Ramadan and holidays. They consist mainly of almonds and sugar. They are delicious and do not need to be cooked in the oven.
- 1/2 lb icing sugar
- 1/2 lb granulated sugar
- 2 lbs almonds
- A quarter of a liter of rose water
- A bit of red coloring
- A little green coloring
- Soak the almonds in boiling water, then peel them, after they dry, crush them well until they become soft.
- Mix it well with icing sugar, then divide the dough into three pieces.
- Knead part of the dough with rose water until it becomes a cohesive dough as well as the quantity of the second
- Add the red coloring to it, while the last one; then add the green color to it.
- Mix the three parts together, then make small balls.
- Dip the balls in sugar and leave them for a whole day before serving
- Serve and enjoy your almond balls!
Calories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 5gFat: 2gSugar: 3.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment