This special sumptuous classic Syrian and Lebanese Baked Kibbeh, Kibbeh in Al-Siniya dish will become your favourite dish.
Baked Kibbeh, Kibbeh in Al-Siniya
This recipe makes a great alternative for fried kebbeh and this recipe is even simpler and more nutritious than the fried version.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 Pound of fine bulgur, soaked and drained
- 1 Pound of lean beef, ground
- 2 Piece Large onions; cut into quarters
- 3/4 Teaspoon ¾ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 Pinch nutmeg
- 2 Teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of sweet pepper
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Pound of finely minced lamb
- 2 Pieces garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Cup of vegetable oil
- 1 Cup of toasted pine nuts
- 3 Tablespoons of EVOO extra virgine oil
- Put a good amount of meat with the spices, the bulgur and the onions inside the food processor and process them together very well or until they become a very smooth dough
- Knead the dough and set the dough aside while covering it with a piece of cloth.
- Fry the onions in a frying pan in hot oil until they become transparent; then add in the garlic and sauté it until it becomes golden; then add in the meat and sauté for about 5 minutes
- Add in the spices and the salt; then cover the pan and let the mixture cook for about 5 additional minutes
- Add in the pine nuts to the meat; then divide the meat into two halves to make a kibbeh tray
- Spread half the quantity of the meat inside an baking tray that has been greased with oil
- Spread the filling on the surface and cover it with the rest of the dough
- Cut them into shapes using a sharp knife dipped in ice water and pour a little quantity of oil onto the surface.
- Bake the kibbeh in the prepared aluminium-covered baking tray in a preheated oven at a temperature of about 220 ° C/450°F for about 30 minutes
- Remove the aluminium foil and cook the kibbeh for about 10 additional minutes or until the edges are away from the sides of the kibbeh tray.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious dish!
Nutrition Information Calories: 438.5, Fat: 26.5g, Carbohydrates: 28.7g, Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g, Protein: 20g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment