Yufka is one of the most authentic Turkish bread recipes that you can make with only several affordable ingredients.
You can say that this recipe is the Turkish version of Naan bread or tortilla but in the form of also flatbread.
- 1 1/2 cups of all Purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of Warm Water
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour and the salt and mix very well to combine your ingredients
- Slowly pour in the warm water to form a smooth dough.
- Add in the olive oil and start the process of kneading the dough until the dough becomes soft
- Cover your dough and let it rest for about 3 to 4 hours or for an overnight.
- Once your dough is very well rested, divide it dough into about 10 equal pieces.
- Set your dough balls aside to rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dust each of the dough balls with enough quantity of flour; then start rolling your dough. Roll the dough as thin as you can, trying not to tear the dough
- Heat a large heavy pan and cook your rolled Yufka over a medium high heat, it becomes golden brown on both the sides.
- Remove the yufka from the heat and keep in between a kitchen cloth
- You can spray with warm water to avoid drying the dough
- Serve and enjoy yoru Yufka!
Calories: 152kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 3gFat: 4gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment