Onion, Chicken and finely processed walnuts together with pomegranate juice are all cooked to perfection. The sauce you will get will be thick as chili. There is nothing more nutritious than resh FesenjanKho (Pomegranate and Chicken Stew).
Khoresh Fesenjan, Pomegranate and Chicken Stew
You will love this recipe thanks to the nutrients it has, and you can serve it with steamed rice and saffron. You can substitute pomegranate juice with pomegranate paste.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds of chicken legs cut up
- 1 thinly sliced white onion
- ½ pound of toasted finely ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of pomegranate juice
- ½ teaspoon of cardamom Optional
- 2 tablespoons of sugar Optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat; then place the chicken and the onions in a large skillet
- Cook for about 20 minutes making sure to stir from time to time
- Mix in the pureed walnuts, the salt, the pomegranate juice, and the cardamom.
- Bring your ingredients to a boil; then reduce the heat to low
- Cover, and let simmer for about 1 and 1/2 hours while stirring
- Mix in the sugar and the seasoning and let simmer for about 30 additional minutes
- Serve and enjoy your stew!
Sodium: 444mgCalories: 785kcalFat: 11gProtein: 12gCarbohydrates: 95g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment