A quantity of minced meat mixed with many other ingredients and different spices will offer you a distinctive flavour. Turkish-Style Hawawshi is one of the most appetizing recipes that you can make for your family and this is the method that many housewives can prepare with a few ingredients.
- Dough ingredients:
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of corn oil
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Filling ingredients:
- 2 Pounds of minced meat
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic mashed
- 3 colored hot peppers
- 1 Pinch of black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Nigella sativa
- 1 Tablespoon of pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup of chopped pomegranate seeds
- 1 spoonful of salt and black pepper
- To decorate
- Sesame and nigella as desired
- To prepare the filling, bring a large bowl and put the meat, onion, garlic, oil, coloured pepper and hot pepper in it and mix them well.
- Add the nigella, salt, black pepper, sumac, pomegranate molasses and pomegranate cloves and knead them well with your hands until you get a dough.
- To prepare the hawawshi dough, bring a large bowl, then put the flour, sugar, oil, yeast, salt and milk and knead it, but do not put all the milk, as you will be surprised that it is not cohesive, add it to it gradually.
- Cover the bowl with a clean towel and leave it for an hour in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into two parts and place one of the two parts in an oven tray, then put the filling and close it well with the second half.
- Heat the oven at 200°C/400°F for five minutes.
- Put the tray of hawawshi in the oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°F/360°F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then put the cheese mixture on top, then leave it for another five minutes.
- Take out the Hawawshi tray from the oven and sprinkle it with sesame and nigella immediately, then put it in a serving dish
- Serve it to your family and enjoy!