Considered as one of the beloved dessert dishes to the hearts of most of the Syrians, this dessert recipe is one of the easiest recipes that can be made in a very short time and that is super delicious too.
Rmoush Esset cookie pastries
This recipe is widely made and served on every table in Syria and in the Middle Eastern countries, especially in the holy month of Ramadan.
For the dough
- 1 1/2 Cups of all purpose flour
- 1 Cup of melted butter
- 2 Large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
For the syrup
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 Tablespoon of rose water
For the dough
- Mix the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla in a blender for two minutes.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan on a stove; then add to the egg mixture and mix very well
- In a separate bowl; add the flour and add in the egg mixture on top and mix very well
- Shape the dough into circles; you can fill it with the hazelnuts or any kind of nuts.
- Arrange into the baking pan in the oven on a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
For the syrup:
- To prepare the syrup, mix the ingredients in a medium pan and let boil for about 10 to 12 minutes
- Add in the tablespoon of rosewater to the syrup 1 minute before turning off the heat
- Remove the baking tray with the pastry rmoush esset from the oven; then let cool for about 5 minutes
- Pour the honey over the pastry
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Rmoush Esset!
Calories: 289kcalSaturated Fat: 8.6gFat: 16gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 18g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!