A traditional Ramadan Iftar main dish; this recipe makes one of the most ancient Moroccan dishes ever. You can serve this Ramadan Morrocan Lamb with eggs recipe in the mid of Ramadan.
Morrocan lamb with eggs
This recipe is special and is always cooked for special occasions. And not only this recipe is high in nutrients, but it is packed with protein.
- From 1 to 2 kg of lamb shoulder cut into chunks
- 6 garlic cloves crushed or crushed with salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder or white
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of Moroccan ghee or salted butter
- 1 Dash of saffron
- 1 kilograms of onions
- 1 1/2 cups of fried almonds
- 4 Boiled eggs i.e. cooked in water and salt, then peeled
- In a saucepan, put the garlic rub + cinnamon + ginger + white pepper + oil + Moroccan ghee + free saffron and mix all, we get what we call shermoula in the Moroccan dialect.
- Take the meat pieces and coat them with the pre-prepared mixture.
- Then in a regular cooking pot or pressure cooker, add in a quantity of oil; then chopped onions and sauté a little while; then add the meat marmalade and the remaining shermoula, then add a little quantity of water to the shermoula for a few minutes
- Leave everything on the heat, flipping it from time to time, until the pieces of meat
- Add in some quantity of water, almost a liter, don't add in too much water
- Cook over medium heat or pressure-cook for about 40 to 45 minutes
- When the meat is cooked; then remove the cuts of meat from the pot
- Let the broth get thicker; then take the dates and cut them with a knife, then remove the kernels from them and fill them with almond dough or fried almonds and any cracked according to taste.
- 20 minutes before serving, put the meat in the hot oven and keep turning it until browning
- Serve hot with the stuffed dates and toasted almonds, as desired or with toppings of your choice
- Enjoy your dish!
Calories: 420.6kcalCarbohydrates: 56.4gProtein: 25gFat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2.9gSodium: 955mgFiber: 10.8gSugar: 22.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment