This syrup-based cookie recipe will draw a smile on the face of your kids. You can serve this dessert recipe and make it for them as a dessert for Ramadan. This Ramadan Honey and walnut cookies for kids recipe offer you some delicious brownie-like cookies that are flavored with orange.
Ramadan Honey and walnut cookies for kids
All you need to do is to dip the cookies in sweet honey syrup, and it is later topped with chopped walnuts or any toppings of toasted nuts.
- 1 orange
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 7 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of brandy
- For the honey syrup:
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 to 4 whole cloves
- 1- 2 inch piece of lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- For the decoration
- 3/4 cup of coarsely ground walnuts
- 1 Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to about 350 ° F.
- In a small bowl, using your fingers, mix the orange zest with the sugar, and rub the grains as if you were playing with sand to dissolve the orange oils into the sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the oils with orange sugar until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda and the salt.
- Add the orange juice to a blender and mix well.
- Slowly add in the cup of the flour mixture until a dough is formed that is not too loose but is not completely firm. It will be dense and moist but not sticky. Once the flour is fully incorporated stop mixing.
- Pinch a portion of dough about the size of a walnut. Shape it in the palm of your hand to a smooth rectangular shape, similar to a small egg. Place it on an uncovered cookie sheet. Form cookies and roll them until the sheet is filled.
- Press a large fork to make a pattern on top right into the center of each of the cookies. This will flatten it a little in the center. Cookies should resemble slightly flat ovals when you go into the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until light brown. (Cookies will be dimmed when immersed in the syrup.)
- While the cookies are baked prepare the syrup; to do that mix the honey, sugar, water, cinnamon juice, cloves and lemon peels in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon, cloves, and lemon rind and stir in the lemon juice.
- While the cookies are still warm, the cookies should carefully float in the syrup and allow the cookies to soak up the syrup on both sides
- Using a fork or teaspoon, remove the cookie from the syrup and place it on a plate or plate.
- Press the lightly ground walnuts into the tops of the muffins (syrup helps them serve) and sprinkle with ground cinnamon
- Do not cool the cookies as it will harden; then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy your cookies!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment