Morrocan Lamb and Raisin Tagine, Lmrouzia or Mrouzia is considered as an authentic and old traditional Moroccan tagine basically made of meat, almonds, honey and raisins.
Morrocan Lamb and Raisin Tagine, Lmrouzia
And heavily spiced as well as sticky sweet, this dish makes one of the favourite Morrocan dishes that Morrocan people prepare on Eid Adha.
- 2 Pounds of red lamb meat
- 3 Pieces Onions, of medium size
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of turmeric
- Some stamens saffron
- 1 Teaspoon of “Ras lhanout” Made of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, white pepper, cardamom, ginger and fenugreek
- 1 Teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 CLoves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 Cup of olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons of butter
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar or honey.
- 1/2 Cup of raisins soaked in water for an hour
- 1/4 Cup of almonds
- Start by marinating the red meat into the mixture of all the spices for about half an hour
- In a pressure cooker, put the onions with the oil and the meat.
- Place the cooker over the stove and let cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the spices with the butter and with 1 liter of water then cook for about 40 minutes (under slow heat).
- Add the raisins and the honey or the sugar and cook again for about 10 minutes.
- Boil the almonds; then peel them and fry them into hot oil until their colour becomes golden
- Finally, serve your meal into a platter with the fried almonds
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 14gFat: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment