Morrocan Couscous with chicken and peach couscous is one of the best Ramadan dishes, a distinctive dish that is easy to prepare and makes a delicious and nutritious Ramadan dish packed with nutrients.
Morrocan Couscous with chicken and peach
- 2 Pounds of skinned chicken thighs.
- 1/2 Pound of Chopped onions
- 6 Crashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 Cup of chopped parsely
- 1/4 Cup of finely chopped fresh mint.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 2/3 Cup of pitted little black olives.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of saffron
- 1/4 Cup of olive oil
- 1/4 Cup of fresh lemon juice.
- 1/4 Cup of tomatoes; cut into small cubes
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- A dried peel of an orange
- 2 Cups of water
- 2 Cubes of chicken maggi cubes
- 1 Can of chickpeas, drained.
- 2/3 Cup of peaches, cut into halves.
- Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl and add each of: onions, garlic, parsley, mint, cardamom, saffron, olive oil and lemon juice to the chicken in the bowl, then mix the ingredients well together.
- Cover the marinated chicken, put it in the refrigerator and leave it for a minimum of five hours or overnight.
- Add the tomatoes with the cinnamon stick, grated orange peel, water, chicken stock cubes and chickpeas.
- Continue cooking the mixture on medium heat and after the mixture boils, then reduce the heat to low and let the chicken simmer on a low heat for thirty-five minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add in the peaches and olives to the mixture and let simmer on low heat for an additional five minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and remove the two cinnamon sticks from the pot.
- Serve with the couscous and enjoy your sumptuous Ramadan dish!
Calories: 225kcalFat: 6gProtein: 8gCarbohydrates: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!