The secret to this Moroccan Lamb and Olive Tagine recipe is spicy and packed with nutrients and proteins. This recipe is usually made on Eid Al Adha.
Morrocan Olive Lamb Tagine
This Olive tagine recipe is spicy and melts in the mouth. After a few minutes of preparation, you can easily do the rest with a few instructions.
- 3 onions peeled
- 1 1/2 lbs of lamb chops peel
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of hot pepper
- 1 Small handful of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Small piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 red pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 250 ml of lamb stock
- 1 tablespoon of mashed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted green or black kalamata olives
- 1 Small handful of chopped coriander
- Couscous or crusty bread to serve
- Cut the onions in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Place the lamb, lemon peel, spices, parsley and onion in half a large bowl, and season with the spices
- Use your hands to mix the mixture until everything is very well combined
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or casserole with a lid, then add the remaining onion, ginger, pepper and saffron.
- Braise the meat for about 5 minutes or until the onions soften and start to take a golden color
- Add in the lemon juice, stock, tomato paste and olives, then bring to a boil.
- Add the meat chops, then reduce the heat, cover the cooking pot and cook for 20 minutes, turning the meat a few times. Remove the lid, then add the coriander and lemon slices, and tuck them between the meat chops.
- Add in the potatoes, chopped into chunks and cook uncovered for another 14 minutes, until the liquid thickens up a bit.
- Once the Tagine gets the thickness you want, remove from the heat
- Serve and enjoy your Tagine hot with fresh dry bread or couscous.
Calories: 302kcalCarbohydrates: 18.2gProtein: 19gFat: 18.5gSaturated Fat: 3.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gPotassium: 702.9mgFiber: 2.8gSugar: 2.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!