Lahm Makli (Maqli) is a very popular Morrocan dish that is usually made during Eid Al Adha. This recipe is basically made of lamb or beef meat.
Lahm Maqli (Makli)
In addition to lamb or beef, you will need a few affordable nutritious ingredients for this very delicious Moroccan dish. So, if you want to enjoy both a sumptuous and nutritious taste, this recipe will make the best choice for you.
- 2 lbs of lamb chops sliced
- 1 tablespoon of starch
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 3 sticks green onion sliced (green part only)
- 2 cloves garlic mashed
- 2 red-hot chili pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger peeled and sliced
- ½ cup of chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A tablespoon of freshly mashed ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried hot red pepper
- A teaspoon of ground cumin.
- In a bowl, put the soy sauce, vinegar, mashed ginger, honey, dried red pepper, cumin, and stir very well.
- Pour this mixture over the meat and mix until the meat is completely covered, then place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Dissolve the starch in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Over medium heat, heat the oil very well, then add the meat in batches, stirring each batch for 3 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the stove and set it aside.
- In the same pan, put the red pepper slices and garlic, and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the ginger and stir for a minute, then add the meat, starch, green onions, and stir for two minutes.
- Put the meat in serving plates, garnish with coriander leaves, then serve with white rice.
- Serve and enjoy your Lahm Maqli (Makli)
Sodium: 362.5mgSugar: 0.4gPotassium: 405.7mgCalories: 272kcalSaturated Fat: 4.5gFat: 19gProtein: 23.1gCarbohydrates: 1.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!