Jewelled rice (morasa pulao) is known as the sweet festive dish of Persian origin. This dish is usually served on special occasions, like weddings. This recipe brings sweetness and joy to the wedded couple.
Jewelled rice (morasa pulao)
Making rice is one of the first steps you need to learn to get into the kitchen and master the art of cooking.
- 4 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup and 1/2barberries
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads t
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 stick melted butter 120 gr
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 cup almonds . diced
- 1 cup pistachio nuts diced
- 1/2 cup orange zes
- First rinse the rice until clear.
- Now place them in a bowl and cover with water. Add salt to it and soak for at least 4 hours.
- Grind sugar and saffron together with a coffee grinder. Now add 1/3 cup boiled water to the sugar and saffron mix and set aside. Drain the rice Place the rice in a wide pan with lid over medium heat add 8 cups of fresh water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil and butter in a separate pan, add the sliced potatoes in a single layer on the base of the pan, season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the boiled rice plus the remaining cooking water, sprinkle the almonds and pistachios, without mixing.
- Cover the lid with clean kitchen cloth and place it over the rice. simmer over very very low flame for about 20-25 minutes.
- Put 2 tablespoon of the melted butter in a sauce pan, add berries and cook until soft, then add a bit of sugar and saffron to it.
- Gently remove almonds and pistachios from the rice. Take 1/2 rice in a bowl, add sugar and saffron mixture, 1/2 orange zest, 1/2 almonds, 1/2 pistachios and 1/2 of the berries in it and mix them well.
- For serving, put some plain rice and top it with a layer of rice with ingredients. Continue until done, then garnish with almonds and pistachios and pour the remaining melted butter over it.
- Delicious jewelled rice are ready to serve.
Calories: 266kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 9gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment