Have you ever been to the Middle East and tasted one of the most delicious recipes you can ever find? If you haven’t done that yet, then this Ouzi or what is also spelled as Ouzi recipe will bring the taste of the Middle East to your dish.
Middle Eastern Ouzi
And while it is true that this recipe uses some easy and affordable ingredients. This recipe uses nuts and a variety of sumptuous and nutritious ingredients that can make your Ramadan table richer and more versatile.
- 3 Pieces of potatoes of medium size cut into cubes
- 3 Pieces of onion, finely chopped
- 2 Pounds of beef meat, chopped into cubes
- 2 Pounds of Basmati Rice
- 3 Cups of raisins soaked into water for a few minutes
- 6 Boiled and peeled eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Biryani spices
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of cardamom
- 7 pieces of samosa dough or filo
- Heat a quantity of little oil in a frying pan on the fire, and fry the potatoes in it until it gets a golden color.
- Sauté the onion and the raisins and mix the ingredients very well together.
- Boil the meat with water in a saucepan on the stove; then add in the black pepper, cardamom, and salt, and when it is sautééd; mix it with the potatoes.
- Cook the rice in the boiling water with the biryani spices, and a quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare a large baking tray and grease it with oil or butter.
- Lay the samosa dough in the baking tray, so that youcover it on all sides.
- Put the first layer of the filling with two eggs, then put a layer of rice and continue repeating the process until you finish all the quantity.
- Cover the face with samosa or filo dough
- Put the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for about five minutes, until it becomes golden in color.
- Take the ouzi out of the oven, and flip it into a serving dish like a cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment