Chocolate Baklava is known for being a classic Mediterranean type of dessert that uses phylo dough and is stuffed with various nuts.
But what is new about this recipe is that it is also stuffed with chocolate, which makes it super creative and sumptous. This recipe makes a perfect choice for Ramadan desserts.
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 1 Cup of water
- 1/4 Cup of honey
- 1 Tablespoon of whole cardamom
- 2 Teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 1/4 Teaspoon of rose water
- 250 gr of melted butter
- 1 Pound of Phyllo dough
- 2 Cups of crushed hazelnuts
- 2 Teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 150 gr of finely chopped black chocolate
- To prepare the syrup: Put the sugar, water, honey and cardamom in a medium saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time until the suryp becomes thick.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add rose water, lemon juice and grated lemon peel.
- Strain the mixture and set it aside to cool.
- To prepare the filling: Mix the hazelnuts, chopped chocolate and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the baklava: grease a rectangular oven tray with the melted butter.
- Cover the bottom of the tray with a layer of phyllo dough and brush generously with butter.
- Top with a second layer of dough and brush it with butter.
- Repeat the same process until you get 5 layers of dough.
- Roll a thin layer of the filling over the dough.
- Top it with 3 layers of buttered dough, then a thin layer of the filling. Repeat this step three times.
- Put 5 layers of buttered dough on top of the filling. The total number of filo layers will be 19.
- Cut the baklava into squares and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 160 ° C and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. If the face turns red quickly, cover it with tin foil.
- Take the baklava out of the oven and pour in the syrup on top immediately.
- Sprinkle crushed hazelnuts on top
- Leave to cool for 4 hours at room temperature before serving.
- Serve and enjoy your baklava!
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 4gFat: 14gSodium: 65mgFiber: 1gSugar: 23g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment