‘Cheese maamoul pastries’ is a Middle Eastern dessert recipe that is served warm in Beirut at special occasions and in weekends.
Cheese Maamoul Pastries
This dessert recipe combines various ingredients, cheese, pistachios and syrups to come up with a wonderful oriental dish that your family will love.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of semolina
- 1 Pound of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon of rose water
- 2 cups of fresh cream for filling
- Place a medium saucepan on a medium high heat
- Add the sugar and the water to the saucepan and mix very well until you dissolve the sugar very well
- Add in the semolina and stir for a few minutes until the mixture thickens up
- Add on the mozzarella cheese while you are stirring
- Add in the Rose water and stir
- You will need a plastic wrap
- Place the plastic wrap on a counter and grease it with a little quantity of oil
- Spread your cooked mixture on the plastic wrap and gently spread making sure the ends are equal
- Add the cream and roll the plastic wrap into a roll
- Cut into equal size portions; then garnish with pistachios and a little quantity of syrup
- Serve and enjoy your cheese Maamoul!
Nutrition Information Calories: 88, Fat: 4.14g, Carbohydrates: 11.25g, Protein: 1.82g, Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!