Here is one of the most delicious sumptuous Ramadan appetizer recipes; the Batbout Sandwiches recipe, prepared with a delicious, slightly spicy tandoori chicken stuffing.
This recipe is basically Moroccan, but it has spread quickly thanks to its super delicious taste.
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 550 g fine semolina
- 150 g of flour
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon baker's yeast
- 255 g milk
- 2 1/4 cups of lukewarm water
FOR THE STUFFING:
- 500 g pieces of chicken
- 3 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp of tandoori coffee
- 1 Tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 Tablspoon of lemongrass
- 1 Tablespoon of curry
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a salad bowl, pour the semolina, flour and salt and mix well.
- Make a well and pour in the yeasts and milk
- Knead by hand, pouring in the water little by little. You can also do this using a food processor for 15 minutes, while the dough becomes homogeneous and smooth
- Add in the oil and knead for about 5 additional minutes.
- Cover the chicken batbout dough with a damp cloth and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and mix in a bowl with the spices
- Add the salt, lemongrass, ginger and garlic, then set aside for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Chop the onions and brown them in a pan with olive oil until they are well caramelized.
- Add the chicken and let simmer for 15 minutes. Season and set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the chicken batbout dough on a 1 cm thick roll.
- Cut circles in the dough with a cookie cutter and place them on a floured cloth sprinkled with fine semolina.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cook the batbouts in a non-stick pan until golden brown, turning frequently.
- Once cooled, split each chicken batbout in half and fill them with the tandoori chicken stuffing.
- Serve and enjoy your batbout sandwiches!
Serving: 1servingCalories: 306kcalCarbohydrates: 40.4gProtein: 8.2gFat: 12.7gSodium: 108.9mgPotassium: 243.3mgFiber: 7.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment