Assalya, Sesame and honey bars or what we can describe as sesame bars can be said to be a traditional Mediterranean dessert that everyone loves and can’t resist.
Assalya, Sesame and honey bars
This sweet dessert is basically an Egyptian sweet dessert that doesn’t need more than a few affordable ingredients sesame, honey, flour and vinegar. Sesame is known for its high nutritional value and for being greatly used everywhere in the Middle East. This recipe serves as a snack as well.
- 1 cup of Molasses or black treacle
- 1 cup of black honey
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Cup of flour
- 1/2 Cup of crushed peanut starch
- 1 Cup of Roasted sesame
- Mix the molasses or black treacle with the sugar, the glucose honey, the flour, the starch and the oil in large heavy non-stick skillet or in a large saucepan on a medium heat
- Add the vinegar and stir your mixture until it starts boiling; then add in the baking soda
- Sprinkle a prepared large tray with sesame; then spread the mixture
- Top with the peanuts on the surface add peanuts to the face
- Cut lengthwise into bars; and let cool for about 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your delicious assalya dessert!
Nutrition Information Calories: 247.5, Fat: 14.1g, Carbohydrates: 30.6g, Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g, Protein: 3.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!